Last weekend, I went round to someone’s house, and everyone was glad that they weren’t Hanson.
Before I expand on the run up to this happy occasion, I have to start by saying that I checked my stats today and found that I’d had exactly 1,000 views since I started this project. Which I know is not a lot, if Google is to be believed, as I notice all the movers and shakers are coolly dropping their 1,000 views a day into conversation. But I like to write, and if even one person likes to read what I write, that’s fine by me. It makes me happy.
I think way back weeks ago I did witter on a bit about why I started blogging. I had stopped enjoying life and was just living to work and get by…. Of course it’s nice for my ego to have stats on my blog, but it’s also a lot about the way blogging makes me engage with life more. The last few months have represented an amazing change in my life for me. Here’s a recap of the good stuff:
– Sitting in a plush cinema with my daughters watching Wadjda with iced coffee and juices.
– Having really great discussions about books.
– Going to the Summer Exhibition with my daughter and then watching an amazing dance show that made me cry
– Climbing a wall
– Going round to someone’s house and being able to make a knowledgeable musical reference, so feeling that I am sharing my love of something with someone else. *
– Having nice music in the office so that I don’t fall asleep over some of my tasks. **
* My friend Christine has a very musical family. So we are sitting round talking about this and someone says that they could form a band in their family. “Like Hanson.” We all look a bit glum. I think Hanson were very musically talented and did an amazing thing to make an album so young. But. They’re just not cool. So I say, “Or like Haim. They’re three sisters.” And everyone brightens up and looks much happier now that they are not Hanson. And they remember the Kings of Leon, too.
** Everyone is very happy with my musical choices in the office… because they agree that it is definitely background music! I am not sure whether this is a good thing but at least we all think this is better than the traditional “Office Manager’s Favourite”, Radio 2, with its seemingly day long presence of the Jeremy Vine show.
Blogging isn’t just about me having an outlet to express myself, though. It’s also about enjoying other people’s words and pictures and videos.
My current favourites are
Pretty pictures –
Enthusiasm about everything:
I have loads of others I like to read as well, so if I haven’t mentioned you it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy reading, I just couldn’t mention everyone.
Seriously, if you let me know that you have visited, I will check out your blog as I am always on the look out for more things to brighten up my life.